It has been a while since i have written something on my blog. So, today i came up with something to Do It Yourself to treat dry, damaged and brittle hair.!!
I know how much everyone loves to have beautiful, lustrous hair. But, we end up with dry and brittle hair.!😒 Why? Here goes the list of main reasons for damage:
- Over washing or using a harsh shampoo strips away your hair’s natural oils
- Blow drying, straightening and curling your hair too often.
- Exposing your hair to lots of sun, wind and dry air
- Chemical treatments like dyes, perms and relaxers.
All the above reasons result in stripping the protein from our hair . Protein and growth of healthy hair has a very close relationship. Almost 80% of human hair is composed of a protein called keratin. You must have heard about various keratin treatments being offered in salons that are quite expensive. I, personally would’nt choose them and try out something natural first.😝
I keep trying different hair masks every week. These are my favourite ones which i would never stop using and i recommend anyone with dry, damaged hair to use these and grab their benefits. They are all simple which you can do it yourself with some simple ingredients which you find in the kitchen.
The hair follicles require high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by raw eggs. They have abundant nutrients which help in
- Repairing Hair damage
- Reducing Hair Loss
- Moisturizing Dry Hair
- Adding Shine to Hair
Egg alone or mixed with more protein rich ingredients can be applied to the hair. Take one or two eggs depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Beat untul frothy and apply it to your hair and scalp. Make sure all your hair is properly covered with egg, cover with a shower cap and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Continue with your regular hair wash regime.
- Conditioning hair
- Reducing hair fall
- Treats dandruff
Combine 4 tablespoons of yougurt and 2 tablespoons coconut oil, apply the pack and let it stay for an hour. Rinse using a mild shampoo.
Mayonnaise is an inexpensive alternative to pricey conditioning products that offer similiar results. Mayonnaise contains oils, eggs and other nutrients which nourish hair. Here are some benefits of mayo:
- Moisturizes hair
- Protects from sun
- Protects from harmful styling products
- Restores pH balance
- Helps stop breakage
Dampen your hair, apply a cup of mayonnaise from your scalp to ends, give a good massage and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse using a mild shampoo.
So lovelies… All set to try these ??? Well, check out these simple tips to maintain your hair healthy
- Don’t wash your hair everyday.
- Don’t heat-style your hair often.
- Don’t expose your hair to lots of sun, wind.
- Use a mild shampoo which is sulfate and parabens-free.
- Use hair products that don’t have alchohol as it dries out your hair even more.
- Use a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing. It will keep cuticles lying flat so they hold in natural oils.
- Massage olive oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil onto your scalp to replenish moisture.
Hope these work for you.!!! Stay tuned for more.!
Stay gorgeous.. 😍Bubyee xoxo❤️